Lakshya Sen, the rising star of Indian badminton, has been making waves in the international circuit with his impressive performances. His agility on the court and his fierce determination to win have earned him accolades from fans and critics alike. However, not much is known about the early years of this prodigious talent. In this article, we delve into the question that has been on the minds of many badminton enthusiasts – at what age did Lakshya Sen first pick up a racket and start playing the sport that would eventually become his passion and profession? Let’s find out.
1. The Beginning of a Champion: Lakshya Sen’s Early Years
Lakshya Sen is one of the most promising badminton players in India. He was born on August 16, 2001, in Almora, Uttarakhand. Lakshya started playing badminton at the age of six, and he quickly showed his potential. His father, D.K. Sen, who is also a badminton coach, recognized his son’s talent and decided to train him.
At the age of ten, Lakshya won his first national-level tournament in the Under-13 category. He continued to impress everyone with his skills and won several other tournaments. In 2016, he won the Junior Asian Championships, which was a significant achievement for him. The following year, he won the Senior Nationals and became the youngest player to do so. Lakshya’s success continued, and he won the Gold medal at the 2018 Youth Olympics in Buenos Aires.
- Started playing badminton at the age of six
- Won his first national-level tournament at the age of ten
- Won the Junior Asian Championships in 2016
- Won the Senior Nationals in 2017
- Won the Gold medal at the 2018 Youth Olympics
Lakshya’s journey has been remarkable so far, and he has achieved a lot at a young age. He has set his sights on winning a medal at the Olympics, and with his determination and hard work, he is well on his way to achieving that goal.
2. From Toddler to Talent: Lakshya’s Journey to Badminton Stardom
Lakshya Sen was born on August 16, 2001, in Almora, Uttarakhand, India. He was introduced to badminton at a very young age, as his parents were both former badminton players. By the time he was three years old, Lakshya had already started playing badminton with a plastic shuttlecock. His father, D.K. Sen, recognized his son’s potential and started coaching him.
- At the age of five, Lakshya won his first district-level tournament.
- By the age of eight, he had won the state-level championship.
- At the age of ten, Lakshya won the National Sub-Junior Championship.
Lakshya’s talent and dedication continued to shine as he progressed through the ranks. He started training under coach Pullela Gopichand at the Gopichand Badminton Academy in Hyderabad, India. Under Gopichand’s guidance, Lakshya’s game improved significantly, and he started winning national and international tournaments.
- In 2016, Lakshya won the bronze medal at the Asian Junior Championships.
- In 2017, he won the Tata Open India International Challenge and the Bulgarian International Championships.
- In 2018, Lakshya won the Asian Junior Championships and became the world number one junior player.
3. Discovering the Sport: How Lakshya Sen Found His Passion for Badminton
Badminton has been a popular sport in India for decades, but it wasn’t until Lakshya Sen picked up a racket at the age of six that he discovered his true passion. Growing up in Almora, a small town in Uttarakhand, Lakshya was introduced to the sport by his father, who was also a badminton player. From the very beginning, Lakshya showed a natural talent for the game, and it wasn’t long before he began to dream of becoming a professional player.
Over the years, Lakshya worked tirelessly to improve his skills, practicing for hours every day and participating in tournaments across the country. His hard work paid off when he won his first national title at the age of ten, and he hasn’t looked back since. Today, Lakshya is one of India’s top badminton players, with an impressive list of achievements to his name, including a gold medal at the 2018 Youth Olympics and a silver medal at the 2019 World Junior Championships.
- Badminton has been a popular sport in India for decades
- Lakshya was introduced to the sport by his father
- Lakshya showed a natural talent for the game
- Lakshya won his first national title at the age of ten
- Lakshya is one of India’s top badminton players
For Lakshya, badminton is more than just a sport – it’s a way of life. He is constantly striving to improve his game and push himself to new heights, and he credits his success to his unwavering dedication and love for the sport. Whether he’s training on the court or competing in tournaments around the world, Lakshya always gives his all, and his passion for badminton continues to inspire others to follow in his footsteps.
Badminton may not be as popular as cricket in India, but thanks to players like Lakshya Sen, it’s gaining more recognition and respect. With his talent, determination, and passion for the game, Lakshya is sure to continue making waves in the world of badminton for years to come.
4. The First Steps: Lakshya’s Introduction to the World of Competitive Badminton
Lakshya was just 7 years old when he first picked up a badminton racket. His parents were both avid players and they encouraged him to take up the sport. He started playing in his backyard with his parents and soon realized that he had a natural talent for the game.
At the age of 8, Lakshya joined a local badminton club where he received formal training. He was initially nervous and shy, but his coach recognized his potential and pushed him to work harder. Lakshya started participating in local tournaments and quickly made a name for himself. He won his first tournament at the age of 9 and from then on, there was no looking back.
- At the age of 10, Lakshya was selected to represent his state in the National Junior Championships.
- He won his first national title at the age of 12 in the Under-13 category.
- By the age of 14, Lakshya was already a force to be reckoned with in the Indian badminton circuit.
Lakshya’s journey in the world of competitive badminton had just begun, but he had already made a mark. His passion for the game and his natural talent were evident to everyone who saw him play. The future looked bright for this young prodigy.
5. Age is Just a Number: How Lakshya Sen Defied Expectations with His Early Success
At just 19 years old, Lakshya Sen has already made a name for himself in the world of badminton. Despite his young age, he has managed to achieve numerous accolades and break records that many players can only dream of. Here are some of the highlights of his early success:
- Won the bronze medal at the 2018 Youth Olympic Games
- Became the youngest Indian men’s singles player to win a BWF World Tour title in 2019
- Won the Dutch Open in 2019, becoming the first Indian to do so in 16 years
- Became the youngest Indian men’s singles player to win a BWF Super 100 tournament in 2020
What makes Lakshya’s success even more impressive is that he achieved all of this before the age of 20. Many players take years to reach the level that he has already attained. Lakshya’s talent, hard work, and dedication have allowed him to defy expectations and become a force to be reckoned with in the world of badminton.
6. A Rising Star: Lakshya Sen’s Impressive Accomplishments at a Young Age
Lakshya Sen is a young badminton player from India who has been making waves in the sport since his early teens. Despite being only 19 years old, he has already achieved a number of impressive accomplishments that have made him a rising star in the world of badminton.
One of Lakshya’s most notable achievements was winning the silver medal at the 2018 Youth Olympic Games in Buenos Aires, Argentina. He also won the gold medal at the 2018 Asian Junior Championships and the 2017 Eurasia Bulgarian Open. In addition, he has won numerous national and international tournaments, including the Tata Open India International Challenge and the Bulgarian International Championships. Lakshya’s success at such a young age is a testament to his hard work, dedication, and natural talent.
- Won silver medal at 2018 Youth Olympic Games
- Gold medal at 2018 Asian Junior Championships and 2017 Eurasia Bulgarian Open
- Winner of numerous national and international tournaments
Lakshya’s impressive accomplishments have earned him recognition from the badminton community and beyond. He has been named the BWF World Junior Player of the Year and the Badminton Association of India’s Most Promising Player of the Year. With his talent and determination, Lakshya is poised to become one of the top players in the world and a force to be reckoned with in the sport of badminton. In conclusion, Lakshya Sen’s journey in badminton started at a young age, when he was just six years old. His passion for the sport and dedication towards training has led him to become one of India’s top badminton players today. As we look forward to his future achievements, let us remember that it all began with a young boy’s love for the game. Who knows, maybe there’s a future Lakshya Sen out there, waiting to discover their own passion for badminton at an even younger age.